Saturday, June 11, 2011

Gokaiger Episode 15 & 16 Review

I'd like to apologize for my lack of activity in recent weeks. I've been busy with school but now that school is over, at least until September, I'll have plenty of time to work on my blog.

Episode 15
Photobucket
Photobucket

In episode 15, a new villain is introduced, Basco. Basco is a former member of the red pirates gang that included Marvelous and AkaRed. Basco betrayed them to seek the universe's greatest treasure by himself. He also had his own set of ranger keys (practically all the 6th ranger keys), and summoned them to fight with a trumpet. First, the Gokaigers defeat TimeFire, Shurikenger, DekaBreak, Dragon Ranger, and King Ranger. However, Basco summons 10 more 6th rangers, and they overwhelm and capture all of the Gokaigers except for Marvelous.

This episode I thought was pretty good. Great fight scenes, as usual, and the friendship bonding. I've felt Gokaiger had been slightly lacking in the villain department, but I really enjoyed Basco. He's despicable, dirty, just what I felt Gokaiger needs. I'm anxious to see how he'll turn out. For this episode I give it 8.5/10.

Episode 16
Photobucket

In episode 16 Joe, Luka, Ahim, and Don try to escape Basco's ship but fail. We get a flashback to when Marvelous first met AkaRed. They have a mini dual before AkaRed recruits Marvelous to join the treasure hunt. Meanwhile Basco ransoms Joe, Luka, Ahim, and Don for the Ranger Keys. However, Marvelous had a clever plan. He threw the chest into the air, in which Don managed to catch a Gokai changer with is mouth, while Goe catches the ShinkenGreen key with is mouth as well. Together they use it to transform Don into ShinkenGreen, who then cuts everyone free. Meanwhile Navi gathers the scattered ranger keys. The Gokaigers defeat the remaining 6th rangers and collect their keys. However, they have to do battle with a giant Sgormin, which they defeat with the use of ShinkenGokaiOh. At the end of the episode, Basco reveals he still has more ranger keys.

Episode 16 I felt was descent. Not as action packed as the first part of this two parter, but still pretty descent. I would have liked to see a little stronger background story with Marvelous and AkaRed, but I'm guessing we'll see a lot more as the series progresses. I give this episode 8/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment