Saturday, August 14, 2010

What I Would Like to See in Next Year's Power Rangers

Photobucket

I know what I have above is a Shinkenger photo, but I don't have anything better for a 2011 Power Rangers photo yet. I'm glad that Shinkenger is being adapted for the next season because I don't like to "skip" a season and I also want to see what a Samurai themed Power Rangers would look like. However, what I don't want is a plot and numerous episodes that are a carbon copy of Shinkenger. I love Shinkenger, but as both a Power Rangers and Sentai fan, seeing the same story twice and lacking originality is boring. I'd also like to see a season with a more mature, darker storyline like we had with In Space and RPM. It seems so far that the Princess Megan character is going to be a mentor to the Power Rangers, and then become the Red Ranger towards the end of the season, which will differentiate some from Kaoru. I've been thinking, one way she could become the Red Ranger is if the character Reese dies (yes, a ranger death on Power Rangers) near the end and she uses his powers. That would show both originality and maturity in the plot. I'd also like to see more humor used between the rangers. This is usually very well executed in Sentai and was well executed in RPM as well. I would also like to see the opening song, and an entire soundtrack made by Ron Wasserman, but unfortunately that's not likely to happen. :(


No comments:

Post a Comment